Saturday, February 23, 2013

coffee, cooking & wine

oh i love the weekends. even when it's just spent at home.
i woke up this morning around 8. i was pleased to discover my throat felt 90% better.
now my normal routine would be to start a pot of coffee. nope not today. or the last 2 weeks for that matter.
r.i.p. $4 black friday coffee maker.. 

i saw this identical coffee maker in an episode of sex and the city in miranda's kitchen.
{circa 2000} if that says anything. but damn it, it got the job done.

in the meantime i've been hittin up starbys or moochin off my mama.
so today, after complaining about needing coffee, i went and got one. 
this time it was a whopping $17. 
i guess i can keep this one out on my counter, unlike the heinous off-white one i used to put away after each use. 


movin on up. 


i'm finally getting to use the new creamer i bought the day before my other one bit it. 
i approve. it is a delight.

the husband & i did something today we haven't done in a long time. since i started working from home, i make all the meals. it's what a wife does, right? well today we cooked together. we made awesome stuffed burgers, onion rings & mac n cheese. i am still trapped in a 5 year olds body and love to have that cheesy deliciousness anytime i can. i use my kids as an excuse for that though.
the best part about all of this? he did the dishes. enough said.


wine to finish the evening off. just a glass to wash down my antibiotic. whoops.


i like taking pictures of my dog.


and i will leave you with a pic of the two kids who have stolen my heart.
love them more than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!