Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year (a day late!) It's been a minute since I've blogged and I'm not keeping any promises that I will stick with it again, but here's to trying! So I spent my New Years Day off yesterday, not hungover (HOORAY!) and redoing my blog. Woke up this morning to snow, which I love, but the roads are terrible and Mother Nature is ruining my lunch plans with two of my besties. Thank you.

Ahh New Years, does anyone else find it as magical as me? It's a time to start fresh.
2014, I'm gonna make you my bitch. 


What are your New Years Resolutions?? Mine are working on being a better mama & getting back in shape. No you won't find me at the gym with all the other New Years Lose-Weight-Resolutioners but I will be eating better (for the majority of the time), no more pop/energy drinks (I don't drink much of it anyway, but would be bad and sneak it at work and I love my captain & diet cokes), start running again, elliptical, weights at home, etc. So I did what any said resolutioner would do and pigged out NYE. I made snacks and drank a bottle of wine. You can judge me, it's fine.

TOP LEFT: ham and cheese sliders TOP RIGHT: guacamole
BOTTOM LEFT: white queso with a hint of bbq seasoning BOTTOM RIGHT: tomato parmesan crostinis 

Ham & Cheese Sliders
  • 1 package of Kings Hawaiian Rolls (12 rolls)
  • approx 24 slices of ham
  • About 6 slices of swiss cheese (or any) I cut those in half and each little slider gets one of those halves
  • mayo
  • 1 stick of butter (melted)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp of yellow mustard
  • 1/2 tsp of worcestershire 
  • 1 tbsp minced onions (I was out of onions so I just sprinkled some onion powder and garlic powder in the butter mixture)
Preheat oven to 350. Spread mayo on top and bottom of the inside of rolls. (These will need to be sliced) Place about 2 pieces of ham on each roll, top with cheese. Close rolls. Place very close together in a casserole pan. In a small  bowl, mix together all of the glaze ingredients. (butter, mustard, worcestershire & onion) Pour over all the little sliders. You may have some left over, I use it all though! Cover with foil and bake for 13 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 2 minutes or until tops of golden and crispy. 

Tomato Parmesan Crostinis
  • about 5-6 roma tomatoes 
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 loaf french bread (and slice it up)
Preheat oven to 400. Line a cookie sheet with foil. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and pepper. Mix well, set aside. Mix the Parmesan cheese and mayo in a small bowl. Spread mayo & cheese mixture on bread. Top each with a spoonful of the tomato mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!