Wednesday, February 5, 2014

i made no promises..

Well here we are, 1 month and 4 days after my last blog post. There are people that can blog on a regular basis and then there is me. This year has been a ride already. A snowy one at that. Woke up this morning to more on top of what we already had. And a couple more coming this afternoon. I love the snow, but I'm ready for my black vehicle to not constantly be dirty. I'm ready to not have to wipe my dogs paws every. single. time. he goes outside. Or bundling my kids up in layers. Oh but just wait. When we get to the miserable hotness of the summer, I'll be bitchin then too.

This past month has also been full of clean eats. Follow me on Instagram? Yeah, you probably know then. I give myself 1 cheat day a week normally, that I go balls to the wall on and then wake up the next day with a terrible food hangover. But it's worth it. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.

Here is one of my new favorite recipes.

Faux Fried Rice
  • cauliflower
  • braggs liquid aminos (taste just like soy sauce)
  • whatever veggies (chopped) you like in your rice, I did carrots, onions and green onions
  • minced garlic
  • egg beaten
  • pam spray
I don't have measurements for this because I did everything to taste, minus the eggs. I used 2 for my huge batch of "rice" or  you can just eliminate the eggs if you prefer.

I took a whole cauliflower and grated it, I would say it was about half of the head, maybe more. Beware: I love cauliflower, but my entire house smelled funky from this. In a wok or skillet, heat pam to cover bottom of pan. Fry minced garlic and white part of green onions for approximately 1 minute. Add grated cauliflower and fry for approximately 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add your veggies and cook for another minute. Add braggs (or soy sauce) to taste and green onion tops, stir until mixed. Push mixture to side of pan. Add more pam if necessary, and scramble eggs in empty side of pan until done but still moist - I hate that word. Stir eggs into "rice" and remove from heat. You can also add meat if you'd like. I had shrimp on the side.

Delicious, without the guilt! Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!