Thursday, February 13, 2014

the 90s is my morning cure

Today is day two of the in the works new routine. I said we are usually out of the house at 8:15. I decided to set my first (of three) alarms for 6:15, the next for 6:30 and the last for 6:45. I always make my daughters lunch the night before, but I thought 'what else can I do?' So I packed up as much as I could before going to bed, put what I could put in my car, made sure my kids had clothes laid out and as for me, it's just which pair of yoga pants to throw on with what top. I have to MAKE myself go to bed, so why is it that the second my first alarm goes off, I suddenly melt into the mattress and decide there is nowhere else I'd rather be? I wasn't going to tell myself that I would lay there just a little lot longer. Or that my hair will look ok if I throw it up in a messy bun. So I grabbed my phone, shut off all the alarms and starting doing my morning phone routine. You know, weather, email, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I did it one time through and said 'Ok, time to get up.' I grabbed my iPad, turned on Pandora (90s Pop if you want to know) and the rest is history. Yep, music did it for me. It's amazing what some good tunes can do for the soul, especially when it should be illegal to be awake. Oh and also reminding myself that a shower when kids are sleeping is a glorious thing. So that's just what I did and these two mornings have been spectacular. Thanks Britney, Christina, NSYNC, Sugar Ray & Matchbox 20.

Yesterday, Derek Jeter announced his retirement after this season and a part of me died. I was really hoping to find the picture with him from my trip to New York, and by him I mean his wax figure at Madame Tussauds. It's practically the same thing. Then I did what any normal person would do when hearing big news like this, hurried online and looked at the Yankees schedule. Maybe they'd play somewhere near us and we could make a game. since I'm sure the tickets would be affordable. If you didn't catch the sarcasm, there was a hint of it there.

 

What are your Valentines Day plans??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!