Thursday, February 27, 2014

time to get naked

Qdoba/Chipotle. I mean are there really people out there who don't love it? I don't like fast food, so this is always my go to when eating out somewhere quick and love the healthy options! I decided to try and copycat it. And not to toot my own horn, but it was pretty delicious and husband approved.

Naked Burrito
The Chicken
  • 1 lb chicken prepared however you'd like (rotisserie, grilled or crock pot) I used the crock pot
  • 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (if using the crock pot)
  • seasonings (cayenne, chili, cumin, paprika, garlic, onion powder) all to taste
Place chicken in crock pot, pour broth over and then sprinkle seasonings. Low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours or until your chicken is cooked through. Shred/chop up and let cook just a little longer to absorb juices.

The Rice
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice
  • 1/2 a lime
  • fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • Pam butter spray
Cook rice according to instructions. Fluff the rice when done. This made about 1.5-2 cups for us. Spray with some Pam butter spray. Squeeze the juice from half a lime over the rice and mix in the finely chopped cilantro. 

The Pico
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, chopped
  • fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1/2 a lime
Stir everything together in a bowl. Alter to taste if needed.


The Guac
  • 1-2 avocados, mashed
  • 1/2 an onion, chopped
  • 1/2 a bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, chopped
Mix everything together in a bowl. Alter to taste/consistency if needed.

Other Toppings
  • 1 can black beans, no/low sodium (I'm not a fan of beans but I made these for Shon)
  • 1/2 can corn, no sodium (I'm not a fan of corn either, unless it's on the cob, but like above, made for Shon)
  • 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
  • 1 jalapeno, sliced
  • lettuce, chopped
Cook the corn & beans according to instructions. Make sure you rinse the beans well. 
I took the 2 bell peppers and jalapenos, sprayed with Pam butter spray and sauteed til slightly tender. 

Build the Burrito
  1. Rice
  2. Chicken
  3. Veggies
  4. Pico
  5. Guac

1 comment:

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!