Monday, March 3, 2014

oscar recap

Monday is here again. Time to recap the weekend. I had a whole blog post and link up typed on Friday and somehow it vanished and I was too lazy to start over. So much for the auto save that has been a life saver before. Anyway, my 1 cheat day pretty much turned into the whole weekend. Can't wait to get back to clean eating today, along with starting a 7 day detox (click here for recipe). Need to get all this crap, pun intended, out of my system. So besides eating like a maniac, our weekend was good. Our 8-14 inches of predicted snow turned into only a few with some ice. No complaints. Moving on.

Oscars, anyone? Bueller?

I'm not ashamed to say that I planted myself on the couch at 1:30 yesterday and watched E! Red Carpet all.day.long. Yep, just ask my husband and kids. Award shows make me happy, especially the Oscars. I was really pulling for Leo to win something, anything, but other than that fail and my tortured soul in result, I LOVED it. Ellen was hilarious and literally broke Twitter with her seventy billion RTs of this selfie:


I won't get into Pharrell and his shenanigans. First the bermuda suit shorts and then the return of Paddington Bears hat. Pinks performance of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' was surprisingly good and then there was Bette Midler. Hello ugly cry. And now I need to watch Beaches. And then Danny Zuko, I mean John Travolta, introced Idina Menzel as Adele Dazeem or something. Brad Pitt was lookin dapper last night but it pains me to say anything nice about him or Angelina. Sorry I'm not sorry. #TeamAniston

Let's talk fashion now.

I adore Giuliana Rancic and her dress, STUNNING.

I love some JLaw and was really hoping she'd be a knockout this year. I personally wasn't a huge fan of the dress, but she rocked it.

She also rocked the red carpet. By falling. Again.
Way to keep it an annual thing, girl!

And then Olivia Wilde had pregnant women or women in general everywhere feeling bad about themselves.

And just because..

We will call this velvet curtains Sometimes I try and picture these celebs trying on potential Oscar gowns and saying "That's the one!" or however they do it. Bribed? Held at gun point? I don't know. 

Romeo. I just watched that movie and now I refuse to delete it off my DVR. This man can do no wrong in my book. He is one of the best actors out there. And ridiculously good looking. Bonus! We won't go into how he walked away empty handed and The Wolf of Wallstreet won NOTHING. A moment of silent please.

 
Why Margot? W-H-Y?! This isn't about the dress, but the hair, the make up? Fingers crossed it's temporary, maybe for a movie? Get it together girlfriend.

Alright, alright, alright! Freakin' adorable. I really wish her dress matched his jacket or vise-versa, OCD party of 1. But they look great together and for once in a long time, Matthew looks healthy and not cracked out for a role. How about that acceptance speech? Or the moment he and Leo embraced each other? Love.

WORST DRESSED:

Pharrell
Speaking of cracked out. I have thought long and hard about what I would say about this and I still have nothing. I don't know what is going on with anything in this picture. 

BEST DRESSED:
Just so happens to be a tie and two of my favorite actresses. 

Kate Hudson

Sandra Bullock
 I need to see Gravity now since it won every Oscar last night. Kidding, but not really.
Oh and where was George Clooney? 

Who did you love and hate?? 
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!