Tuesday, March 4, 2014

fat tuesday

Happy National Pancake Day. It's also Fat Tuesday. Do I care? Sure don't.
What I DO care about though is this new link up I stumbled upon while blog hopping yesterday.

The Best Of Intentions

It's called Tough It Out Tuesday and you can read all about it here. It's a good way to be able to talk about the healthy changes going on without talking about it everyday. And no, I won't stop posting pictures of my food to Instagram.

As most of you know I began clean eating after the New Year. Yes, I have "cheat" days once a week (or 3 which was the case this week.) It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. I'm sure you've heard that saying before, but that's what it is. The first week I slowly transitioned into it. I emphasize the slowly. Part of that means I gave up soda and sweet tea, cold turkey. Easy peasy.

Let's be honest, the only time I drank a coke was when it was mixed with rum.

I also gave up coffee... SIKE!!! Now that was funny. I did give up all my delicious creamers though. Just some almond milk, stevia and voila, my cup o' joe is healthy.

Monday, January 6th, rolled around and The Bachelor premiered. I insisted on a big bowl of pasta to eat during it and I did just that. So January 7th, is when it went full force. I decided it was time to step on the scale and power up my good friend, MyFitnessPal app. Such a great way to hold yourself accountable for what you eat and how much you exercise.

A few weeks into eating clean, I decided it was time to start working out. I got one good workout in and then I fell down the stairs. No lie. Stairs are hard guys. I was sore for a hot minute (like a two week hot minute) Better now, but still haven't begun working out again. I will probably start on Monday, you know because starting on any other day just isn't normal. Yep, there's my OCD again.


I can't believe I'm talking numbers with the world to read, but here we go.

I was about 115 before having kids and maintained about 125ish after both, because hello my body changed, if you know what I'm sayin, nudge nudge wink wink. Then my metabolism decided it was done and I put on a few lbs. Do I or did I think I was overweight? Absolutely not. I will be honest and say that when I started to see numbers in the 130's, and not being pregnant and then seeing 140's, I knew it was time for me to do something.

So lets get to the results. deep breath
On January 7th I weighed in at 141.8
As of today, I weigh 124.6.
That's a whopping 17.2 for those of you that can't do math, like myself. Big thanks to my fancy pants scale and MyFitnessPal for being a step ahead and calculating that for me.

That is all achieved with no working out. It really shows how much of a factor that eating right is.

Ok, I'm done preachin.

Did anyone watch The Bachelor: Women Tell All last night? They tore him up a bit. Love a good drama sesh. I'm not a fan of him by any means, but I do believe that editing is everything. I also think his intentions were good, but just were expressed in the completely wrong way. Of course, at the end, Chris Harrison says what he says at least once a season "something you've never seen before," about the finale.

That's all, folks.

10 comments:

  1. That's great! It's great that you are seeing a change in such a short time with just altering your eating! Keep it up girl! I look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was difficult at first but once my body got used to it and I started seeing the results, it was enough to keep me going! Now when I have a cheat day, I have terrible food hangover. It's awful, but I need my cheese!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I LOVE that we both used that line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean they are hard. What else is there to say? :-)

      Delete
  3. daaaang look at you with those weight loss numbers, get it!! And JP just lacks some brain cells I think, just doesn't seem to use his head too much haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he's a bit spesh! haha can't wait for the finale though!

      Delete
  4. Well holy crap, look at that weight loss! All from eating? Um you're like the poster child right now for how important what you eat is and what it does to your body! Yay you!! Also, now I need to follow you on Insta so I can stalk your food posts, hah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! 100% from eating, honest to gosh! I mean I got the 1 work out in before I took a tumble down those stairs but that is it. And I work from home, so lots of sitting is involved.

      Delete
  5. I'm totally jealous of the weight you've lost just by eating. Not even gonna lie about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strict eating, well I don't really look at it strict anymore. but there is A LOT I cut out. It's worth it now since I'm seeing the results. :-)

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!