Saturday, March 29, 2014

tonsillectomy - day two

I debated whether or not to post, because to be honest, I don't have much to say.
I decided I needed to though. I told myself I was going to document this day by day and even if no one reads, it's a way for us to go back and remember this experience. 

I want to show a before and after picture. I have no idea how she was able to breathe.

Yep, that is real life. Left was taken 3/26/14 and right was taken 3/27/14

<begin rant> This is the part where I'm going to tell you about her old pediatrician who kept telling us how large her tonsils were and the next time she got sick/strep she was were refer us to an ENT. Only dealt with that for 2-3 years. We ended up switching pediatricians, not because of that, but to have one closer to home. Went to the new one in December, referred to an ENT who we saw in January and here we are, March 29th. No tonsils, no adenoids! <end rant>

Onward.

She did great yesterday. A little too great. She wanted to be up and moving a lot which is fine but she's a go big or go home type of gal and she doesn't really know how to take it easy. Being a tumbler, she is constantly doing round-offs, cartwheels, back handsprings, etc. Don't worry, she didn't do any of those things, but it would have led to that. Her little bro had been at my parents since Wednesday and he came home last night. We were all really happy to see him. 

She was also starving yesterday and was asking for things other than ice cream and popsicles. 

She ate:
ice cream & popsicles - I didn't say she didn't ask for them at all! 
applesauce
mashed potatoes
vermicelli with butter
hard boiled eggs
bagel with cream cheese

No issues with those foods. So she was a happy camper. 

After they both fell asleep, I took that time to do some dishes, make myself something to eat and catch up on my DVR. I set the alarm on my phone to wake me for her pain meds and the next thing I know it's 4:30 am and she's crying in so much pain. Her throat was dry and we were about 3 hrs overdue for the meds. I was so mad at my phone that I could have snapped it in half. I don't know what the deal was, it was set but it never went off. I got her meds, some ice water, cuddled with her and she fell back asleep, back up at 6:30 am for ibuprofen, then around 8 am for the day.

So far, so good!
And like I've been saying, I know we aren't in the clear yet, but can't complain with how it's going so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!