Monday, March 31, 2014

tonsillectomy - day four


Once again, not much change. 
Like I said, these posts may not be the most interesting, but I'm just documenting day by day. Maybe someone will stumble upon these and find them useful if/when they are in the same situation.

Relaxed all day, played on her Rainbow Loom, colored, napped. Rinse and Repeat.
She stayed hydrated, had a popsicle, but other than that, didn't want to eat. Not because it hurt, because she wanted FOOD. She really wanted pizza. So last night we ordered some and just like that I felt like she was one year old again. I cut the pizza into the smallest bites, sat next to her the whole time and wait for it... fed her. She asked me to and I will do anything for her. It may have taken an hour to eat one slice, but she finished it and I could tell she was happy she was able to. 

I, on the other hand, was losing my sanity. I hadn't had a real meal since Thursday night, no solid night of sleep since Wednesday night and I needed a shower badly. Let me tell ya, that pizza tasted like a piece of heaven. As prepared as I was for this surgery though, I wish I would have planned crock pot meals.

But this isn't about me, it's about her. She's been a real trooper and I couldn't be more proud of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!