Wednesday, March 20, 2013

random wednesday


I didn't post yesterday. It's like I was Carrie Bradshaw and had writers block. Sorry friends. I was also busy filling out my bracket. Girly girls can like sports too. O-H-I-O

The kids and I made cookies after school on Monday. I got to use my Kitchen-Aid for the second time since getting it for Christmas. Besides cookies, what are some good things to make with it? I'm willing to try anything so my kitchen doesn't end up in cookie overload. Although I wouldn't complain.

Don't mind the hat. She just got it and can't seem to part with it for any activity, it's difficult to even get it off her to bathe. It's the kind that hangs down and has the built in gloves. Although it's approaching the end of March, it's still freezing in the midwest and if there is any positive in that, it's that she can continue to rock this hat. She did tell me she will wear it all summer too. Please, no.


DWTS (Dancing With The Stars, for those not down with the lingo) started back up. I'm excited about Lisa Vanderpump (& Jiggy), Sean Lowe & Kellie Pickler (who did an awesome job!) Being a former gymnast, I have a spot in my heart rooting for Aly Raisman. Let's get serious though, Val is my favorite, he's a Chmerkovskiy helloooooooo. I will admit, when I saw he was partnered with a Disney star that I wasn't familiar with, I was not thrilled. That has changed after seeing her perform. She's amazing. I hope they make it far or win it all. 

Teen Mom, who watches? It's one I can't stop. Jenelle is a hot ass mess, can't take care of her kid, but smokes allodah weeeeeeed and gets ah boob jahbbbbb. And Leah, god love her, but can you say playaaaa? Homegirl just can't make up her mind. 

Tuesday, never sounded so good. 20/20 EXPERIENCE! To say I've been patiently waiting would be a lie. I've been counting down the days like Christmas. And he definitely didn't disappoint. Lots of babies are going to be made to this CD and if I wasn't fixed, I would probably be part of that statistic. He announced the second half of the 20/20 Experience will be released later this year. Bliss.

Pretty Little Liars, all I have to say is W-T-F?! June can't come soon enough. This show gives me anxiety like it's real life.

Chicken Wonton Tacos
  • 1lb chicken, sliced into small chunks
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or olive oil)
  • 4 tablespoons stir fry sauce
  • 8 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame dressing
  • 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
  • 1 cup coleslaw mix
  • 2 (more) tablespoons Asian toasted sesame dressing
  • 10-12 wonton wrappers
  • sliced green onions (this will be mixed in coleslaw mix, amount to your liking)
  • chopped cilantro (this will be mixed in coleslaw mix, I used a handful and chopped real fine)
  • diced red onion (this will be mixed in coleslaw mix, I used 1 real small red onion, again to your liking)
In a ziploc bag, combine stir fry sauce, Asian toasted sesame dressing, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce, along with chicken and mix well. Seal bag and put in fridge to marinate for about an hour, i've done longer, it won't hurt.

In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw mix, red onion, cilantro & green onion with 2 tablespoons of Asian toasted sesame dressing. Set aside.

Heat oil in a woke (or skillet) over high heat. Add chicken with marinade from bag and stir fry until the chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Add about 1/2 inch of oil (any kind will do) to wok/skillet over medium-high heat. Use tongs and slightly fold the wonton wrappers into a triangle form but do not seal. Place into the hot oil and fry until golden on one side. Flip and do the same for the other. Drain on paper towel.

To make tacos, place a small amount of chicken mixture into the wonton and top with coleslaw mixture.

Serve with spring rolls or rice! We LOVE these. I can't tell you how good they are. It seems like a lot of work but it's easy and well worth it. You may have to buy the random ingredients but you don't use all of it for 1 meal and will have it all for the next time you make it.

ENJOY!!

Thursdays Recipe: Italian Chicken & Roma Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!