Wednesday, March 6, 2013

it's wednesday, jack!

Hey Jack! Happay, Happay, Happay Hump Day! Wednesdays now have a meaning to them, because it's Duck Dynasty Day.

 If you have not watched this, then I must ask, have you been living under a rock? If you choose not to, what is wrong with you?

I can't wait for spring because I can't wait need to get out of the house and go for walks/runs. Anything has to be better than sitting in my recliner watching too much reality tv, eating cookie butter by the spoonfuls. No shame in my game. I say that now, but will be regretting my bad decisions when it's time to be in a swimsuit. Or shorts for that matter.

The midwest has the most bipolar weather. Winter storm, followed by weather in the 50's. So long snow.

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • Flour tortillas (I used 6- 10inch tortillas)
  • 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded; I had leftovers from tacos so I used this)
  • 1 8oz block cream cheese (don't use neufchatel, it doesn't melt how you need it)
  • 1 tomato chopped (or you could use rotel)
  • 1 chile or pepper of your choice chopped
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (I used the white shredded mexican cheese)
  • 1 carton (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
First, go ahead and preheat oven to 350, spray a 9x13 casserole/baking dish with cooking spray. Melt butter in pan. Add rotel and cook for about a minute. Stir in cream cheese plus chicken and stir continuously until cream cheese melts. Spoon mixture in center of tortillas, about 2-3 tbsp per tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in your baking dish. Continue til mixture is gone. Sprinkle with your cheese. (I always tend to use a tad more cheese because let's face it, who doesn't love cheese?) Pour your pint of heavy whipping over the top. (this seems like a lot but just go with it, it turns out delicious) Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, take foil off and bake another 15 minutes.

I made spanish rice to go with ours. We had leftovers and let me tell ya, they are just as good heated up as they were fresh out of the oven!

ENJOY!!

Time to curl up with my kindle and read some Reckless. You should all take my word and read this series.
Can't.put.it.down.


Thursdays Recipe: Crock Pot Potato Soup / Ham & Swiss Sliders

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!