Monday, March 25, 2013

weekend update


Linking up with Sami!

Hey guys. oh what a weekend it was. friday we thought it would be a good idea to pack up the kids and meet a bunch of family at buffalo wild wings for dinner.. all 17 of us. Although it was packed, we were able to get seated and had a great time! My Buckeyes won and being an Indiana girl, I was happy to see the Hoosiers win as well. I may not be into college basketball the whole season, but I do love me some March Madness. The upsets this year are crazy, but I still have my FINAL 4! Do you?!
Still no potty hopping for this guy.

Saturday, softball stole my husband. Time to get used to that. The kids and I didn't leave the house, but wish we would of. It got up to about 48 and sunny. We could have definitely got out of the house in that weather. But we were too lazy and I think we were all ok with that. Don't judge us
Kids Choice Awards with my girl.

We were having so much fun that I almost forgot to feed my kids dinner. Quick! Order pizza!!

Sunday, it was party time. Thirty-One party that is. I got to hang out with some awesome ladies and sell some bags! It was a blast.
This is what the evening had in store for us. Seriously?! Real cute, Indiana.

Patty Melts
(2 melts on rye bread)
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 3/4 lb ground beef
  • 4 slices of swiss
  • 1 small onion (i used red) sliced. not too thick, not too thin.
  • 4 slices rye bread
  • 3 dashes of worcestershire
  • salt/pepper
I preheated my electric griddle to about 325. I also melted 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan on the stove top for my onions. cook over medium-low for about 20 minutes. Mix ground beef in a bowl with worcestershire & salt and pepper. Form into 2 patties, I made mine sort of oval to fit on my rye bread. Butter 1 side of the 4 pieces of rye bread  Melt remaining butter on griddle and cook patties to. Remove from heat. Place butter side of bread down on griddle, with 1 piece of swiss (i tore the swiss in half to cover the bread, then place the patty on top of it, followed by some onions. on the top piece of bread I put the other piece of swiss. Repeat this step for the other patty melt. Cook until bread it nice and toasted and cheese is melted. Put together & serve!

Crispy Baked Onion Rings
  • 2 onions peeled and sliced into rings
  • about 1 cup of flour (I don't measure this, just a guess)
  • 2 eggs beat
  • about 1 cup of bread crumbs (regular or panko)
  • your choice of seasonings (I use italian, garlic and a dash of cayenne)
Preheat oven to 425. Like a baking sheet with foil and spray. Dip each ring into the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs and place on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until crispy.
ENJOY!!

That was my weekend! How was yours?
Tuesdays Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!