Thursday, March 7, 2013

office day

It's been a busy week. I feel like there are just not enough hours in the day. I remember adults always saying it when I was growing up. I didn't quite understand. Now look, here I am, twenty-s a grown up myself, saying those exactly words. 

Reckless, a book I've been waiting a couple months for came out and I haven't even been able to read it. Normally I would be finished with it. I hope to make some progress this weekend. No plans as of now, but we like saving our eat out night for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be nicer, so I'm confident all the snow we got will melt. 
I am blessed to work from home, giving me the opportunity to never miss a beat with my kids and be the best chef/maid housewife I can be. Once a week though, I do make my way into the office. Love spending time with my dad (yes we work together) and getting adult interaction.

Here was my drive this morning. I can't be mad about that. Clear roads and gorgeous scenery.


Ham/Swiss Sliders

Sliders
  • 1 pack of Hawaiin Rolls (12)
  • 1/2 lb of honey ham
  • Swiss cheese (I buy a block and sliced it up, putting a slice on each)
  • Mayonnaise
Poppy Seed Sauce
  • 1 tbsp poppy seeds (I've made them without and it's just fine)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
  • 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) melted
  • 1 tbsp minced onion (i usually sub onion powder)
  • 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
Take hawaiin rolls and slice in half. Spread mayo on top and bottom. Close rolls and place close together in a baking dish.(no spray needed) Place a slice of ham (or more if you'd like) with a slice of swiss cheese on each roll. 
In a bowl, stir together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour over all of the sandwiches. I use all the sauce, but I don't think you need to. Let sit for about 15 minutes or longer if you'd like. Cover baking dish with foil, bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes.
Loaded Potato Soup (Crock Pot)
  • 1 (30oz) bag of frozen hash browns, I use the southern style (cubed)
  • 42oz of chicken broth
  • 1 can of cream of chicken
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
  • 1 (8oz) block cream cheese (don't use neufchatel, it doesn't melt how you need it)
Put everything in crock pot minus the cream cheese. Cook 6-8 hrs and about an hour before serving, add in the cream cheese (I cut mine up and stir it constantly.) 
We top ours with cheese, chopped bacon & green onions!
ENJOY!!

There won't be any recipe tomorrow. We are using a groupon we purchased a while back and I'm picking up a pizza on my way home. Can't complain, no mess to clean up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Thanks for stopping by my blog!